Monday, February 19, 2007

The Weekend

Well, I'm here, so I obviously survived the visit to the denturist. Phew! Should be just one more visit to him, to get the dentures...then the bad part...the oral surgeon in a bit under 4 weeks.

Ed was on call for work this weekend and was fairly busy with calls, so I spent a lot of time sitting in the van, playing electronic solitaire. Not exciting in the least, but sure beats sitting home alone! In between the calls, we did some snow cleanup...shoveled out the Oldsmobile (which is now for sale) and moved it so Ed could finish plowing the yard. While he was plowing, I took pics of the car - to email to possible buyers. Also took pics of his plow truck and our "new-to-us" car to email to my DD.

When he went to shovel the walks, I asked what was wrong with the snowblower (which is 38 years old, but still runs great). The reply was "nothing, but it's easier to shovel than to pull start that old thing." Ah, true, I'm sure....you have to pull nearly straight up on the cord...and really hard, too. I can't do it - even if I weren't too short to pull the cord the necessary length, I'm not strong enough, though if someone else starts it, I can use it on a flat area. My next thought was......AHA!!! After 2 broken shoulderblades, 4 broken ribs, a punctured lung and a new back injury, all within 3 years....he's FINALLY admitting that something is too much for him. Progress? Yes, and a bit scary, too...as Ed would say "t'ain't gettin older that bothers me, it's the "decrepidness."

Now, it seems to me that buying a new snowblower with electric start (now, while they are on sale) and
selling the old machine would be a whole lot easier on the back and shoulders than shoveling...and I said so. Apparently, it made sense to him, too...he agreed and we took off in between calls Saturday and found him a new snowblower. He did the paths with it when we got it home...and was done in about 10 minutes, whereas it would have taken him about an hour to shovel. This new one is only a half hp smaller than the old one, but I bet it only weighs half as much!

So...got the camera out again and took pics of the old snowblower. I put both it and the car in the local online swap and buy site - we'll see how they go. If they don't sell in a month, I'll send them to the local swap buy sell guide sold in the stores. We live in a small town, so by the end of the week, everyone one in town will know they are for sale....don't see the need to advertise in town.

Sunday Ed had another chiropractic treatment - this time he was taken off restriction and put back on full duty for a 3 week trial period....WOOHOO!

Pain issues abound for me right now....I'm having to stretch my pain meds this week, as the doc gives me 60 days worth every other month...except that my appointments are month end to month end, and this time that's 64 days. Catch 22 - if I keep my appts at the end of every other month, I run short of pain meds for about 3 days a couple of times a year......if I make the appts 60 days apart, I end up short of money for office visits each year, as it ends up adding two extras...since that's nearly $180, I'll take the few extra days of pain, thanks.........eh, I'll survive....I always do.

Time to check my email and get on with the day.

Done ramblin.

No comments: