Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Weatherman Was Right

Ok....I've never said this before and I never thought I would, but.......ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! Not that I want to get rid of the snow yet this year, but, geeeeezzzzzzz.....we didn't need any more!! It arrived a little later than originally forecasted - the majority of it coming down late Saturday night instead of during the day, but we got between 12 & 14 inches of the white stuff.

I took some pictures this morning, after it was all over. Ok, so the house is a single story.....but....
in this picture to the left, the window is more than 4 feet off the ground.....it is the view I had out my office south window this morning......standing! Sitting, all I saw was snow and sky!

The next two are the views from my kitchen window before my DH shoveled it out (also south side, also 4 ft off the ground) and the one out my livingroom window (north side, about 3 ft off the ground). The livingroom one shows snow that has come off the roof on that side......good thing we don't need to get out that patio door (on the right, toward the end of the house).


The next picture is of my DH standing in the road. Or rather, a picture of my DH's head as he stands in the road! We can't even see cars and trucks go up and down the road.
And finally....the last one is a shot of the back yard. About in the middle of the picture there is a 3 1/2 foot stake sticking out of the ground.....which is buried! We've decided we need to put a much longer stick there for next year, with measurements on it, just in case these winters are here to stay!!


And now it's nearly 45 degrees out, so that should settle the snow some!

Done Ramblin!

No comments: