Friday, February 29, 2008

Snow!! (sound familiar??)

We've had more snow so far this winter than we've had in the last.....what.....4 years combined?? Holy catfish! The problem is, it's coming so often that we have to spend more time cleaning it up and trying to work around it than we spend playing in it - geeeeezzz!!

We have gotten a bit of sledding in....not as much as we'd like, of course, but some is better than none! Until yesterday, we thought we'd get a lot more in right away. We'd made arrangements to have business coverage starting this morning, for the whole weekend, so that we could have riding time. Today was supposed to be "guide" day....earlier this month, a cousin had asked us to take her DD & a friend (both live in FL) out for a day of sledding....it was to be a birthday present for her DD. Then we were going to just take off on the sleds, leaving tonight and not coming home until Sunday. Well...we never got confirmation from the cousin about today......and then we heard the weather report. It's supposed to start snowing late tonight through the day tomorrow, total accumulation of 7 to 12 inches...possibly up to 15 inches in some areas. Now, as much as we love snowmobiling....it's NO fun in a snowstorm. But doesn't it just figure??? Sigh. I am SO disappointed. Fortunately, the guy we depend on to cover our business when we're gone is so good to us.....he didn't mind the cancellation at all, even telling us if things changed last minute, he'd still cover for us.

Our pickup didn't pass inspection this year.....so it's officially off the road and is now just a plow truck....which means that we now have to buy a pickup, coz we need one for both the business and for household and pleasure use. Don't know for sure exactly when we'll start shopping for one....we can squeeze by for a bit without, as we've a friend with a pickup that we can call on for now. Oh, and Ed needs a new work van this year....yay.....OUCH.....PAYMENTS!!!!

So....I got my other storage cabinet a week or so ago.....and I had also bought a third, smaller one (which replaces a chest of drawers that I had full of yarn.....THAT was hard to use!!). I spent 2 days sorting and moving yarn (and business stock!!). IhavenomoretotesofyarnIhavenomoretotesofyarnIhavenomoretotesofyarn!!!!

There are still totes stacked all over that room, though.....LOL....about 8 of them.....BUT none of them are yarn, they all contain finished items and non-crochet stuff waiting to be done. Because we've got a couple of pieces of waiting-to-go-to-a-new-home furniture taking up space in there, the totes are still in the middle of the room and there's little room to move around.......I keep pushing the totes out of my way, here and there, depending on where I need to be at the time. We also have a big rocker in there that will eventually be in our livingroom or bedroom.....but, as it needs to be recaned and we don't want anyone sitting in it, there it is.....another thing in our way. Someday!!!

The windchimes: We did get up to that little store that weekend - she did have the big ones I wanted...brought them home and hung them in an out of the way spot in the livingroom....come spring, they will get hung outside, as will all the rest. We have such high winds and snow that we can't leave them out in the winter - they'd get ruined. I always get excited when things start to thaw...I hate the spring muds, but I do love it when I can get my chimes back out and hear them until winter arrives once more - I miss the sound all winter!! (though my cowbell is sturdy and short enough to leave hanging all winter, so I do get to hear that!)

I had so much fun mailing surprises to my crochet buddies last month....38 or 39 of em!! Now, the whole purpose of this mailing was because I had SOOOO many things all crocheted and was running out of room....I hadn't had any luck with selling it and had no other outlet for them.....I'd gotten a bit of a cash windfall, so decided to gift my online crochet friends with packages.
Each package contained two towels. That didn't even take care of all the extra towels I wanted to clear out, let alone all the other stuff.......would you believe that I have enough left over for another whole mailing of 1 item each??? So I'm doing another mailing soon - this time, one item per package....and I've thrown the packages in a big bag....I'm going to write all the names from the last time on pieces of paper....then I'll draw a name and pull a package out of the bag....so some might get another towel, some might get something else!

I've managed to only get a couple of baby washclothes for my neice crocheted in the past month or so....getting all my tax stuff ready to take to our tax lady has kept me right out straight.....this is all so new and there's SOOOOOO much paperwork!! That's nearly ready, though, I should be able to take it up to her the first of next week (if we don't get snowed in).

Done ramblin!

No comments: