What a nice quiet day we've had so far....no service calls at all (yet!!). As a matter of fact, the only times the phone has rung today has been family calling with holiday wishes (and, in some kids cases, to tell us all they got from Santa).
We spent a whole long day shopping for office furniture a couple of weekends ago (blasted Christmas shoppers!!)......and came home empty handed...sheesh! The only place we found with close to what we wanted was at Staples...as I thought, we'd have had to get the hutch and block a window, but it was the only set that had all the components we needed otherwise. However, they couldn't get all the pieces. Not only that, but they couldn't promise that they'd ever come back in stock. I tried to order the same thing off their website...with the same result...some out of stock items, with no promise of it ever being back in stock. Hee hee....and, persistent salesman seemed very surprised to hear that I wouldn't consider ordering just half of what we needed with no promise of being able to get the rest.....sheesh!
So.......today we decided we'd go with the more expensive stuff we'd found online (that, except for color, I'd liked better anyway).......and our bank refused to process our debit card for the website. Ok....3 other websites had the same furniture for the same price, so try those......NO??? Refused at all 4???? What the heck?? There's plenty of money in the account, but, naturally, being Christmas day, I can't just call the bank .....so in a little while, I'm going to try to do it with our credit card instead. If that doesn't work, we've got to wait and see what's up with the debit card at the bank. In case anyone's interested, we chose from the Kathy Ireland Tribeca Loft collection...in cherry finish.
Things have finally settled down somewhat with work. We got nearly all our postponed work done...just one cleaning didn't get rescheduled, and she doesn't mind waiting until spring, if necessary, since the system is less than 2 years old anyway. We scheduled just one 1 hour job for yesterday...and the guy called and canceled (his wife didn't want to spend the money the day before Christmas), so we thought it would be a jobless day. NOT. The phone rang before 8 am...by noon, he'd done 4 service calls. Fortunately, it quieted down for the rest of the day.
I got a very big surprise for Christmas. As stated before, we don't normally exchange gifts....so, DH's stocking ended up with a tube of Blistex (the squeeze kind that we both use but is hard for us to find locally). I'd given him a few ideas, but he didn't like most of them, so.....he bought me a set of wind chimes........a BIG set! Now, I only like the big, deep toned chimes and have 4 sets that I have hanging outside about 9 months of the year (our winter weather prevents me from leaving them out year round). This set is a bit bigger than the largest of my other 4.......woo hoo! Stocking stuffer???? Well, he said he couldn't find what he really wanted to put in my stocking, so got the chimes instead. Silly man.......wouldn't trade him for anything, of course. (even when I'm p.o.'d at him!!)
I've actually done some crocheting the last few days.....need a cover for a little sausage pillow I use in bed. I've got the same pillow on the sofa, with a crocheted cover...it clashes with both the sofa and the afghan, so I'm going to put that one in the bed and am making a cover for the other one, in sc with one of the yarn colors in the afghan on the sofa.
Done Ramblin.
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
love reading about your day! I just tagged you--YOU MADE MY DAY--you have to go to my blog to see what to do with it! LOL luv ya *~*CAROLE*~* (WIPPY)
Enjoyed reading about your day. Love the pillow you just finished too.
Hugs
Sandi
Post a Comment