Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Lost in the cyberworld

Wow....what a time I've had. Last month I somehow lost my yahoo email account. Went to sign in.....wouldn't accept my password....got an email at my private email account saying my password had been changed ( I didn't do it!!).....so I did the "forgot password thing and asked them to email it to me at my private account...it wouldn't accept the personal info that gives it the okay...said no such account listed for that personal info......HUH? Tried for several days, finally gave up....thinking maybe someone somehow got in and changed my info. So....opened a new yahoo account....and opened a hotmail one as backup. I had about 95% of my email addies elsewhere, so all I lost were some confirmation emails that I'd not had time to print....a few things I ordered on line and a couple of reference things. All the orders came with no problem...the other stuff I'll just have to try to find again.

So, I neglected my blog in favor of setting up the new account, getting all my email addies transfered, notifying everyone and going on site to catch up on posts at the two groups I'm in.

Fortunately, I'd printed off our flight info (the e-tickets, the insurance) and our fishing license info....though I will have to contact them....we were supposed to get our actual licenses in the mail and have not.

We're gearing up for our trip.....18 days til take-off...I'm not anywhere near ready!! Sigh...it'll all come together...or we'll just do without whatever doesn't come together!

For now, we're going back to the denturist about once a week for adjustments. I may have to put up with some problems with my lower.....I've a boney spot that sticks out and it will be ok for about 3 days then start to hurt and get raw.....they may not be able to adjust the denture....that particular area sometimes is really prominent on some people and requires surgery to reduce. I do NOT want (physically and monitarily) more surgery!!!! If I
'm one of those people (just my luck), the non-surgical solution would be to have that area cut out of my denture, meaning it would never fit good...I'd not only have to use an adhesive, but I'd have a gap that would probably allow food to infiltrate under, so would have to remove and clean out food every time I eat. And even then it might rub a bit, so I'd probably always have to take them out a lot. Sigh.....not a bad denture....a bad mouth. Huh....never thought it would catch up with me this way (!!). Ahh, well....we'll deal with that if it comes.

I've been on a bit of a roll with crochet lately. Here are pictures of three more projects I've done since my last blog update.....
lookee!!



I'm on a hat and scarf kick, as you can see. The first blue one, done in worsted and ribbon yarn, I finished during the last week of April, the other blue one, in worsted and fun fur, was finished on May 1st. The poncho, done in two variegated worsted yarns, was a wip that I finally finished on May 2.

We went to VT this past weekend (Thurs thru Mon) visiting my F-I-L. I not only finished yet another that I've not taken a picture of (in red worsted and red fancy fur), but I started working on a baby's dress - I really am determined to get rid of some old yarn and also some of that fancy fur and other novelty yarn that I've not been able to resist when on sale....I'm runnin outta room!!!

Well....done ramblin.




No comments: